Grad Studies News & Updates
Friday, 9/26: Graduate Advising Drop-In Hours
Graduate Advising Drop In Hours
Friday, 9/25, 1-3pm
Graduate Office, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor
Friday, 9/26: Opening Reception - PEM Fall MFA Show
Friday, 9/26, 5-7pm
Fox 3 Gallery, Fox Building, 3rd Floor
Friday, 9/26: Opening Reception - Illustration Practice Fall MFA Show
Friday, 9/26, 5-7pm
Riggs & Leidy Galleries, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor
Friday, 9/26: Rinehart BBQ
Come for the opening, stay for the party!
Hey! We are super excited to have you all at the new Rinehart studio for the annual Rinehart Party!
We will provide music and dance floor and some grilling action! Please bring some food to grill, some sides or whatever you fancy. Potluck style!
BYOB BYOB BYOB! We will have a bartender, you know the drill!
Time: Friday at 7-11:30pm
Location: 1801 Falls Road, 1st Floor - entrance through the big door on Falls Road
Friday, 10/3: Salon
Lazarus Center, 5th Floor
Job Opportunity: EHS Open Studio Monitor Position
Interested graduate students can email Denelle Bowser, Environmental Health & Safety Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, 9/25: Grad Lab Workshop - Video Capture
**If you would like to checkout the Grad Lab's Pro grade HD video cameras, you must attend this workshop
Instructor: Duncan Hill
Thursday, 9/25, 7:30-10:30pm
Grad Lab, Lazarus Center, 5th Floor
Tuesday, 9/30: How to Land That Hot Summer Internship
Tuesday, 9/30, 3-4pm
M110, Main Building, 1st Floor
Wednesday, 10/1: Documenting Your Work with Dan Meyers
Wed, 10/1, 2:15-3:45pm
Leake Hall Auditorium
STUDIO MIXX: Paul Rucker Workshops/Lectures
10/8, 8:30-10:00am Artist Survival Skills
Interview skills, business skills, survival skills, career advice, creating opportunities, grant/residency info, writing grant proposals
10/22, 8:30- 9:30am Collaboration – How and Why?
Public art commissions and fabrication
10/29, 8:30-9:30am Art, Activism and Community Engagement
Wednesday Mornings at 8:30am
Leake Hall Auditorium, Founders Green
Thursday, 10/16: Professional Development Opportunity - Entrepreneurship Day
The goals of the program are:
- to allow students to get a first-hand look at a technology and innovation center and its role in developing Baltimore-based companies
- to introduce our co-working space, incubator and accelerator to your team and students
- to build an understanding of the start-up life cycle and its challenges by allowing students to attend presentations by current companies, start-ups and entrepreneurs
- strengthen our relationships with universities' business schools, particularly those who have strong programs in entrepreneurship
To register, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/entrepreneurship-day-tickets-13049426185. Space is limited.
More Info at http://etcbaltimore.com/
Emerging Technology Centers
101 N Haven St, 3rd Floor
Baltimore, MD 21224
Visiting Artist Lecture Series
- Heidi Younger, 12:15pm, Lazarus Center Auditorium, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the MFA in Illustration Practice
- Wayne Koestenbaum, 7:00pm, Lazarus Center Auditorium, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the MA in Critical Studies, with support from the Mount Royal School of Art
- Dayvon Love, "The Politics of Community," 4:00pm, Center for Social Design (L170), Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the MA in Social Design
- Box Brown, 12:15pm, Lazarus Center Auditorium, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the MFA in Illustration Practice
- Henry Taylor, 10:30am, Lazarus Center Auditorium, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the LeRoy E. Hoffberger School of Painting
- Haegue Yang, 1:30pm, Lazarus Center Auditorium, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the Mount Royal School of Art, with support from Rinehart School of Sculpture
- Miranda Lichtenstein, 7:00pm, PEM Seminar Room (L445), Lazarus Center, 4th Floor - Sponsored by Photographic and Electronic Media
- Daniel Bercza & Bori Feher, 12:15pm, Center for Social Design (L170), Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the MA in Social Design
- Tom Levin, 7:00pm, PEM Seminar Room (L445), Lazarus Center, 4th Floor - Sponsored by Photographic and Electronic Media
- Barnaby Furnas, 10:30am, Lazarus Center Auditorium, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the LeRoy E. Hoffberger School of Painting
- Joanne Greenbaum, 1:30pm, Lazarus Center Auditorium, Lazarus Center, 1st Floor - Sponsored by the Mount Royal School of Art
- Edgar Heap of Birds, 3:00pm, Rinehart Seminar Room (LG15), Lazarus Center, Ground Floor - Sponsored by Rinehart School of Sculpture
Wayne Koestenbaum is a poet, author, artist, and cultural critic. He received degrees from Harvard University, The Johns Hopkins University, and Princeton University. A Distinguished Professor of English at City University of New York, his work explores the lives of “American queer intellectuals.”
Thursday, September 25 at 7:00pm
Fred Lazarus IV Center, Auditorium
Opportunities & Things to Do
Thursday, 10/2: Opening Reception - Nature Indoors
Please join Gloria Azucena (Curatorial Pactice '15) for her thesis curatorial project, Nature Indoors, opening October 1-12 at the Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory.
More information at http://www.rawlingsconservatory.org/art-exhibit-nature-indoor/
Opening Reception October 2, 2014, 5:30-7:30 pm
Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory
3100 Swann Drive
Red Stone Haute Couture Co. Ltd. Company Info Session, NYC
RedStone Haute Couture Co., Ltd., the leading luxury brand management company from China, is hosting company info session with the Upperclass Experience at the Museum of Modern Art on September 25. This pioneer in the field, which once brought Valentino, YSL, and Salvatore Ferragamo into China, is going to tell you your job-hunting tips and career path in the luxury industry. Job vacancies are also available to apply: http://career.redstone.com.cn
Searching for the new sparkles of inspiration? Looking forward to networking with peer artists in the circle? Desiring to find your career goal and explore the mysteriousness in the luxury brand industry?
ACTION NOW! Seats are limited. Please RSVP by emailing your resume to email@example.com, you will discover what you are expecting!
Thursday, September 25, 2014
Time: 6:30 to 9 p.m.
Location: The Time Warner Screening Room, Museum of Modern Art, New York City
Publication Opportunity: Afterimage Magazine
Online (preferred): Please send no more than 20 images (B&W or color, in jpeg or tiff format) along with a statement about the work for publication (200-400 words), contact information (including website address if applicable) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail: Please send no more than 20 images on a CD (B&W or color, in jpeg or tiff format) along with a statement about the work for publication (200–400 words), contact information (including email address) and SASE for return. Afterimage is not responsible for work sent without a SASE. Send to: Afterimage, c/o Visual Studies Workshop, 31 Prince Street, Rochester, New York 14607.
Southern Graphics Counsel International 2015 Student Awards
Send completed pdf applications email@example.com
Deadline: December 15, 2014
Download SGCI 2014 Student Awards Application.